OFSTED, the UK Goverment’s school watchdog is supposed to protect childrens’ education, through investigations, recording, and monitoring a schools performance.
Over the next few days and weeks, this site will show how these numbers are faked in some instances and, more importantly, how these children are, quite literally, put in danger. E.g. Ambulances not being called for children with head injuries, sexual abuse unreported. It appears that the OFSTED system of investigation is slightly less reliable than MPs Expenses claims.
But like the MPs, it is the Schools and Heads at fault, not the system.
In the first part of this series, we will look at one school which, for legal reasons, we will only identify as School1 at the moment. Though in the future, the name of the School1 should be identified.
School1 it is inside the M25, is has a fairly large student population, a 0ver a thousand pupils. Its OFSTED rating, is pretty good, just below Outstanding, and its certainly not on special measures. So, from the outside, it seems a reasonable place to send your child. But, this is simply not the case.
The scores are faked by the School, mainly through the senior staff conducting a a series of measures that can only be described as fraud. The incidents that occur at the school are truly awful, but by “following the rules” and ‘bending’ them, more than a little bit, School1 is able to get away with virtually anything they want. Below are some of the highlights of events that have occurred in this school:
- A pupil (child) was sexually abused, at school, by a pupil and the police were not called.
- A teacher was hit over the head, twice, with a chair requiring surgery to his ear by a pupil. The child who did that is still in school and the police were not called. Bad for the statistics
- A teacher was hit in the face with a brick by a pupil. The child is still at the school, and the police were not called. Bad for statistics.
- Children are allowed out of exams, for significant periods 30 minutes to an hour, unmonitored, and then back into the exam room exam. That has to help the exam statistics.
- Pupils that cause real problems are deleted off the register, therefore resolving that statistical problem.
- A child, Boy J, is repeatedly assaulted, and the victim of ABH, but the school does not call the police
- Ambulances and Police are not allowed to be called without the heads permission, to try and reduce the number of calls to school (to help the statistics). It is this latest incident, that is reported below.
This month a child, who recently had lost part of their sight as a result of being the victim of another incident in the school, was stamped on the head by another pupil. The child was clearly in truma, with a stamp mark on his face, possible bleeding from the eye, and all the warning signs of head truma that a lay person would spot. This was not kids playing this was a stamp to the face. This incident alone is awful, but at the school, which is so used to violence, nothing was done for quite a while.
The parents were not called for some time, despite requests by junior staff for this to be done, and the police where not called at all.
But most concerning is the ambulance was not called for 20 minutes, as staff had to follow school policy (or effectively lose their job). For 20 minutes the child was left, untreated, with no ambulance being called until the Head, who is not a doctor, or a medical proffesional, gave the all clear to call an ambulance. Only then, when the Head decided it was ok for an ambulance to be called, was proffesional medical treatment sought.
Would you want your child to go to this school?
This week more such incidents, and how School1 fake their OFSTED results, will be published.